Re: finding which package a file came with

    Eric> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:43:36PM -0800, Shane Colbert wrote:
    >> you'll just have to forgive me if this is a stupid
    >> question but is there any way to easily find out which
    >> deb package a particular file came from??

    Eric> $ dpkg -S <file>

    Or, for an even better option, install dlocate and run:

    $ dlocate -S <file>

    'dlocate' is to 'dpkg' as 'locate' is to 'find' (roughly
speaking), it performs all the search operations in the package
database much faster than dpkg.

cheers,

--
Allan F. Caetano
Universo On Line - EngProd - F: (11) 224 4418

"Who is this peer that keeps resetting my connection?
 I have a broken pipe I wanna hit him with!"