Re: Workstation and IP-Masquerading -> newbieDoc?

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 11:00:59AM -0800, Michael Smith wrote:
> I just set up a masquerade box at work in about 1.5 hours (from scratch) with
> Debian.  Just make your box with two nics, configure one nic for your outside
> connection, configure the other for 192.168.0.1, and then install the ipmasq
> package.  One of the questions the package asks you is if you want to start
> masquerading.  Say yes.  You might have to tweak the ipchains a little after that,
> but the minimum install works right out of the box.  For the other boxes, give them
> ip's in the 192.168.0.XXX range, and tell them that 192.168.0.1 is their gateway.  It
> was so easy, I was surprised.

any chance we could talk you into fleshing that out a bit
and posting it to eGroups.com/files/newbieDoc?

:)

?

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc