Debian 2.2 crashes with Netscape..help

Hi ppl,

let me first thank everyone that's been helping me.

I have a Debian 2.2 system..with GNOME and Window
Maker...on a pentium 133 Mhz..32 MB RAM...and 64 MB
Swap....i've noticed this with Netscape 4.75 ...while
i'm trying to send mail using my webmail page...which
works fine in windows and has no Java,etc...if i type
a lot (i tried that with dummy data too)....then
suddenly the system starts slowing down...the hard
disk starts running too much....everything comes to a
crawl...if i go to another tty then it takes ages and
sometimes I get the message contionously VM:
do_try_to_free_pages; failed for kswapd...or netscape
of something or the other"....and i cant even log onto
another tty or do anything else....have to reboot.

Could someone explain the problem to me....Linux is
supposed to be stable and i'm new to it....what's the
prob

Thanks a lot