Re: Dexter?

Hubert Chan wrote:
> Mike <reznaeous@earthlink.net> writes:
>
> > I had somewhat similar problems.  Mine was horribly bad static all over th
> > escreen any time there was a screen redraw.  Considering I've a clock on the
> > screen, it was pretty much unusable.
>
> Try adding
>
>         Option  "NoAccel"
>
> to the graphics device section in your XF86Config file (The section that has
> `Driver "s3virge"'.  It turns off hardware acceleration, so things may be
> slower, but at least it will work properly.

What I wound up doing - thanks to another post on this list - was use the
following lines:

     Option "fifo_moderate"
     Option "pci_burst_on"
     Option "pci_retry"

Still accelerated, and working just fine at 1280x1024 and 16 bit color.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.