Kernel-Module for Intel Ether Express PRO/10 (ISA) Card

Dear community,

do you know, to compile a kernel with

make menuconfig

for modularized support of  the Intel Ether Express PRO/10 (ISA)Card?

In the directory /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.17/drivers/net you'll find
eepro.c
eepro100.c
eexpress.c
as C program textfiles, but I can't see there an relation between
the menupoint  "Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit) - EtherExpressPro/100 support"
of make menuconfig!
Is this -single- choice able to support _all_ types of Intel-Ethernet Cards ??
After compilation of an adapted -successfully 2 processors (Intel Pentium I, 133Mcs)
supporting- kernel, my ether-card will not be recognized during booting up.
By the way, exactly this ether-card works with the generic kernel, which was installed
at the initial Debian 2.2 installation!

Has somebody an idea, which menuüoint in make menuconfig should be choiced
or how to do correctly otherwise?

Many thanks,

Christoph Walther

mailto:christoph.walther@telekom.de