Re: audio in

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000, Debian Ghost wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> Is there a program that will capture audio in? I want to record some sound
> bytes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> D. Ghost!

No bloat no nonsense software: wavrec. See the output below. You might have to
compile the program yourself tho. Not hard. The first program I ever compiled.

[penguin@localhost compile]$ wavrec -h
Usage:  wavrec [options] output_file

        -h      This info (or use --help)
        -q      Quiet mode (no messages)
        -s rate Sampling rate
        -x      Debug mode
        -S      Stereo (undoes -M)
        -M      Mono (undoes -S)
        -t secs Set time limit
        -b bits Set number of bits (8/16)
        -k key  Set IPC Key for lock
        -R      Remove and recreate semaphore locks.
        -l      Lock for play.
        -u      Unlock for play.
        -L      Lock for record.
        -U      Unlock for record.
        -d dev  Override default of /dev/dsp

        -V      Display version and Copyright info (or use --version)

WAV parameters are normally taken from the input file(s),
but command line options can override them if required.
[penguin@localhost compile]$ wavrec -V

wavplay/wavrec Version 1.4
was written by and is
Copyright (C) 1997 by Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
---
Special thanks to Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd@zip.com.au)
for his contributed WAV header code
(files wavfile.c and wavfile.h)
---
Thanks also go to Andre Fuechsel for his original
version that inspired the current work (though
this version does not contain his code)
---
Many thanks to the LINUX folks,
the XFree86 folks,