Re: XFree86 4.0.1

:: mheyes  writes:

> Hi,
> I upgraded XFree86 yesterday to 4.0.1 and had several problems in
> WindowMaker with the color mapping, ie can't find "black", "white" etc and
> I'd like to go back to 3.3.6 for awhile until things settle down. I
> downgraded xserver-common, removed the new xserver for 4.0.1, and
> reinstalled the 3.3.6 xserver-svga. Next I ran XF86Setup and configured the
> server. When X started, my cursor is now a big, nasty square.

Hmmm... What video card? If it's a SiS 6326, you may need to add

    VideoRam    4096

to the Device section of your XF86Config. I got the square cursor
once, and I think I solved it by adding that line (the 6326 can't
handle more than 4 Mb, but some vendors sell it with 8 Mb...)

Not sure if there's anything else you have to do...

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil