Re: w3m wouldn't load http://localhost

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 03:58:45PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> cjw44@flatline.org.uk (Colin Watson) wrote:
> >Johann Spies <jhspies@adept.co.za> wrote:
> >>I have apache installed and lynx, netscape and mozilla do not have a
> >>problem to load http://localhost.
> >>
> >>However, links and w3m fails.  Links' error message is: "Host not found"
> >>and w3m's: "Can't load http://localhost";.
> >>
> >>Does this have something to do with apache's configuration?
> >
> >Does http://localhost/ work? Leaving off the trailing slash only works
> >because of a collection of ugly hacks, and URLs shouldn't be stated that
> >way.
>
> That said, http://localhost does work here on both links and w3m (this
> is a woody system). What are the settings for ServerName and
> UseCanonicalName in your httpd.conf?

No, http://localhost/ does also not work.  In the mean time I got
links to work (removing a proxy specification in its configuration)
but removing all w3m configuration did not help.

httpd.conf:

ServerName localhost
UseCanonicalName on

Johann.
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336 / 023 55 11 568
     "Let all that you do be done in love."