Re: xdm takes so long to start [was Re: New X Server crashes]

"Andre" == Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:

Andre> I'm not sure if it will help you, but check your
Andre> /etc/X11/Xresources/* files, and your ~/.Xresources. If you
Andre> have something very long like a complete netscape language
Andre> localization in it, xrdb -merge can take a very long time,
Andre> esp. on slow machines.

No, I don't have anything in either of those that could reasonably be
called `very long'.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

\\// | R | T R | L B | //\\ ~ Michael Abraham Shulman
mailto:shulman@caltech.edu  ~ jabber://mas@jabber.org
http://kurukshetra.cjb.net/ ~ GnuPG Public Key #21A279E5

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.