Re: Opera for Linux

USM Bish <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in> wrote:
> Thanks to all  those who have  replied either to
> the list or on my personal mail. Finally decided
> to give it a try.  Downloaded the  static binary
> from the Opera site (Ver 4.0b1). Run it for over
> 2 hrs right now.
>
> Initial impressions ... not that bad at all (but
> being a beta release, many things  don't seem to
> work).

I have been waiting for Opera for Linux for *ages* and am very pleased
indeed with what I have seen of the second beta. I hate Netscape more
than I hate Internet Explorer. Mozilla is just not usable at the moment
and although it gets better with each nightly build it is still very
fragile on my system.

Opera seems already robust. It has a nice interface and I would be very
happy to use it as my interface with the web. Nowadays a web browser is
so important and itreally ought to be *the* best application on the OS.
Netscape is well known as being one of the worst Linux apps.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux