Debian Potato and Alcatel Speed Touch USB?

Hello,

At last I have the opportunity to get an ADSL connection through the
local phone company (Belgacom - Belgium). There are several ISP's
offering the combined ISP/ADSL account, but all with the same hardware.
I can get an Alcatel Speed Touch PSTN (connects to a NIC) or I can get
the USB version of the same ADSL modem. However the USB version is
remarkably cheaper.

Q:
Does the USB backport for 2.2 kernels supports networking stacks? Or am
I better of with the NIC connected ADSL modem?

Q:
Does anyone else have this kind of setup?

Ringo
--
**  Ringo De Smet         Ringo.DeSmet AT bigfoot.com  **