Re: New user rant..urr, questions.

Hi Sy

Many thanks for your detailed response.

You asK

> Question for you, if I may:
> I am using an x86 system.  If Debian ended up being my sole OS,
> are there advantages to switching to another hardware platform?
> Does Debian run better on other platforms? (all else being equal -
> like hardware expense, availability, speeds &c.)
>

> Thanks for your time..  btw, if you intended this conversation
> to be in the mailing list.. feel free to CC it.

I know Debian has distributions for Alpha, Sparc, M68000, PowerPC,
and other platforms as well. You can find what is avaliable by
looking on the web site, www.debian.org. I cannot tell you which is
better, but I suspect that the x86 version is going to be a little
more stable, only because it seems to have been around longer.

Would someone on the list respond to this question?

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)