Re: Why doesn't alt-x in Emacs doesn't work?

Hi Scott,

Quoth Scott V. McGuire,
> In a recently installed and apg-get dist-upgraded potato, I can't use
> alt-x in emacs.  Does anyone know why?
>
> (I know I can use escape-x, but I'm used to alt-x)

For some reason, I think meta (alt) was changed from the alt key to the
windows key (presuming you have a windows keyboard). Try using the
windows key - if that works, that's what it is.

As for how to change it back, I have no idea. I'm sure someone here does
though.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,