Re: web browser

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 12:15:33PM -0000, John-Mark wrote:
> Hi I have recently installed Debian Linux as my first
> distribution of Linux. I cant find the web browser Netscape on
> the official cd's or any other web browser can any one tell me
> if there is a web browser on the cd's if not Netscape then
> what and how do i find it.Thanks jm

apt-setup
# as root, configure sources.list file via q & a instead of
# having to worry and panic about misunderstanding the
# obfuscated /etc/apt/sources.list conundrum

	then

apt-get update
# make sure your package list is current

apt-get upgrade
# update installed packages to most recent incarnations

	then

apt-get install <something-or-other>
# download, configure, install a package or two or three

	for example

apt-get install mozilla chimera arena gzilla links

now if we can figure out what the www-browser package does...
(packages.debian.org/www-browser shows no matches; apt-cache
show www-browser shows nothing; apt-cache showpkg www-browser
shows lots of reverse-depends...?)

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/