Re: apt && woody.

Hi Jason!

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Seth Cohn wrote:
>
> > It would be useful, Jason, to understand what the message means:
>
> It means an error that is not understood by the code was generated by the
> lookup. An error that is not 'name not found' or 'service not found'.
> I've never seen this prior to the new libc6..
>
> Lets try to capture the error code form getaddrinfo and see whats up.
>
> http://auric.debian.org/~jgg/apt_0.3.19.1_i386.deb
>
> Has a version which ought to print out a number in brackets that can be
> cross referenced to /usr/include/netdb.h (the EAI_ defines) to determine
> what code glibc is spitting out, we can then investigate glibc's source to
> determine why it would spit that out, then figure out WTF is wrong.

[...]
Failed to fetch http://forcix.cx/debian/Packages
  Something wicked happend resolving 'forcix.cx:http' (-3)
[...]

which is according to /usr/include/netdb.h

# define EAI_AGAIN      -3      /* Temporary failure in name resolution.  */

Maybe apt should simply retry after all the other stuff got downloaded?

					yours,
					peter

--
PGP encrypted messages preferred.