voodoo3 3000

Hi all.

I searched dejanews and the debian-user archive but couldn't
find anything of use. Of course, my voodoo3 3000 doesn't
work, that is,  2D works but 3D doesn't.

I am running potato, used only debs for glide, 3dfx  etc.
Furthermore I used apt-get to install everything so I assume
everything is installed ok (maybe this is where I go wrong)
I compiled the 3dfx module, I can insmod it, lsmod indeed
says it is installed.

When I try test3Dfx I get a black screen, then a blue with
the line in the upperrightcorner "press any key to quit" I
thought that instead of of a blackscreen I should see the
3Dfx logo. Next I tried the mesademos, compiled a few, but
this looks more than "seconds per frame" instead of "frames
per second". So, to me it seems the 3D part isn't working.

A real problem to me is that I can't find error messages, it
all seems to work ok. I have got different resolutions in my
XF86Config, all working with 16bpp. (also started X with
"startx -- -bpp 16")

Another problem is that I can't reach linux.3dfx.com. I
don't know if I can find a solution there but for now I
can't check.

Dirk