Re: Required Hardware?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Jeffrey H. Young wrote:
> I have an Intel 386, with 3.5"-1.44MB & 5.25"-1.2MG floppies, a Backpack CDROM on my parallel port, and WDC AC21200H 1279MB hard drive1 and a ST3145A 130MB hard drive2, VGA, Serial, yada yada.  Your hardware requirements says the system should have 12MB RAM.  Any chance I can get my system running with only 8MB?

The system requirements are rough estimates obtained by installing in
VMware and watching how much resources are used... which will vary
depending on which method you use to install and which version of the
installation set you use.

IIRC, the peak in RAM use comes when installing the drivers - try a
flavour that only has 1 drivers disk.  If that fails use
archive.debian.org to install slink (it will just fit into 4M RAM and a
40M HDD) then upgrade to potato afterwards.

later,

	Bruce