Re: Directory always defaults to /usr/bin

Kent, if the reason for your "default" directory is as Nate suggests,
the next level of explanation is that, unless you take some action in
the script at startup, it will use the current directory as its
"default".

As a first cut at "fixing" this, you can edit the 'startx' script in
/usr/bin/X11 so the first line executed is 'cd $HOME', forcing the
script and all applications it starts to use the user's home directory
as the current one.