Re: Seeking advice on dbms and programming languages.

> I currently work for a company doing database development with MS SQL Server
> and VisualBasic.  I'd like to branch out a little bit and learn some linux
> based solutions.  Is MySQL & C++ a good combination for doing some home
> learning/experimenting?

I'm currently playing with Postgres and Python to provide crossplatform
application and database access. (Linux, Windoze, HP-UX and MacOS access
to one database).

The python interface to postgres is excellent and very easy to use. I
decided to use python because it's a great language to work in and I can
write all the background functions to work with both a Python/TK front
end and a Python/CGI web interface.

Mike