filtering out ads

Interested in hearing different strategies for blocking ads. Presently I use a mixture of input-chain firewall rules and redirection in my /etc/hosts file.

Since I'm running DNS for my LAN, is there a way to set it up to block ads?

Also, there's one ad system I haven't figured out how to block: I've seen many ads that have URLs "ads.admonitor.net" but nslookup claims this is a nonexiststant host/network, so I can't add it to my firewalling rules. Any ideas?

Thanks much!

oge

-----
Owen G. Emry