wvdial

When I run wvdial everything goes fine until it starts the pppd negotiation. At this point it stops doing anything, and the modem shows on hold. Whenever I run pppd it says that no passwords would let it use an ip address. Is this because pppd is trying to specify it's own ip or what ? If so how do I get pppd to work alongside pppd so that it will let the ISP set my ip ?
actually i'd be happy just being able to connect to the internet in some way, the same thing happens when I use pon after creating a script with pppconfig ?

Thanks, Michael Tanney

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct