Re: Complete local mirror.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 10:27:10PM -0400, Adam Scriven wrote:
> >Try also apt-move to move all the downloaded packages from
> >/var/cache/apt/archives/ to a local `mirror' directory tree.  You then
> >then export that tree using a http or ftp server.
>
> That's the question that I asked about originally!  I was wondering if
> anyone's ever used apt-move, and if they can give me some pointers, and
> some things to look out for.

Works great for me.  Install it on the system that has 'most' of the
debs so it is mostly full, and then add it first to the other machines
for their sources.. they'll get what they can from your local mirror,
and if they happen to have something unique, they'll download it.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting