Re: Complete local mirror.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, C. Falconer wrote:

> >I've been toying with the idea of setting up a complete local mirror for
> >all of my machines here.  It wouldn't be public (at least not yet), but it
> >would cut down on my network traffic, and it would cut down on the debian
> >servers that are being pummelled right now.

This is so not true. If you installed all your machines, without using any
sort of shared local cache it would still produce less bandwidth than 1
week of a full local mirror. You realize it takes about 200meg/day to keep
up with our archive?

Shared APT, squid, etc are all more banddith efficient solutions.

Jason