isdn

I'm confused.

I have just switched from modem to isdn (a PCI AVM Fritz! card -
the 'active' one, but I can't find a model number anywhere, sorry). I
just want to be able to (manually) establish a connection to my ISP
(any ISP, actually!) and then manually disconnect, but I can't find
anything anywhere about how to set up Debian to use the card - a few
references on the wuhwuhwuh which say to look at the docs under
/usr/doc (I've done this, but there doesn't seem to be anything
obviously useful - yes I do have all the HOWTOs & miniHTs installed, at
least the ones that came on the CDs). Does anyone have some pointers,
maybe to some fuller documentation elsewhere, please?

--
Gary    [Deb. 2.1r4]