Missing Sawmill menu in gnome!

   In the last couple of day I installed Debian potato on a dual boot machine and am now in the process of trying to get everything setup properly.

I installed gnome, gdm and sawmill. Unfortunately, in gnome all the windows are missing the top panel where the minimize, maximise and close buttons reside.  How do I fix this?

Jonathan
ps. Things are going well even considering I'm using the vga16 xserver (my stupidity got to me when I was putting together this computer; I bought a geforce2 gts card) but that's a battle for another day.