Re: [OFFTOPIC] BIOS Password defeat

Some BIOSes allow you to flush them by holding down the INS key on boot.
However, I find the most reliable method is to deprive the CMOS of power.
There's a little watch battery on the motherboard, if you power
off your computer and carefully remove the battery for about 60 seconds,
all the information in the CMOS should evapourate into the aether.  Then,
you can put the battery back in and power on your computer again.  The
BIOS password should now be gone and you'll have to reset all your BIOS
settings.  Be warned, you hard disk geometry will also disappear, so you'd
better have that information handy.  You may find it sitting on a label on
your physical hard disk.