ghostscript/ghostview and margins

Hi,

since my printer is a HP Laserjet 5 MP, it has its own postscript
interpreter. But to be able to view ps and pdf files, I installed gs 5.1
and gv 3.5.8. My first attempt to print out a pdf file failed in that
the fonts are larger and the left margin is shifted to the right,
resulting in a cutoff of the right parts of the document. I excluded the
possibities of wrong margin settings in testing another ps-file
(tiger.ps from examples). It came out correctly. So I think the problem
lays within the document somehow. It has been printed out once
successfully on a Mac with Acrobat Reader, but when loading it in
ghostview with automatic papersize recognition, it insists on being
bbox. Besides the fact, that I have never heard of a papersize bbox
before, it is supposed to be A4 or letter legal (since it is the manual
of a programm written in the USA). Is it possible to scale it down with
whatever options to A4 size?

Regards,

Kerstin

--