Re: Very large SCSI drives and partitioning.

Gary Hennigan writes ("Re: Very large SCSI drives and partitioning."):
>There shouldn't be anything inherently wrong with a 70G
>partition. Linux limit for a partition size is somewhere in the TB
>range. I bet it'll make for some LONG fsck times though!
>
>You might read the Large Disk HOWTO to see if it gives you any
>ideas. It's mostly for IDE, but there is at least a section
>SCSI. Perhaps you can feed the kernel a geometry of your own choosing
>via the lilo "append" option with something like:
>
>append="sda=8924,255,63"
>
>Don't rely on my math above either....

This didn't really do anything, but feeding c=8924,h=255,s=63 to fdisk
seems to have done the trick.  It formatted cleanly, mounted cleanly,
and now I'm copying data to it.  We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			PhD. Candidate and Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept