Re: Lilo-problem: linux on the 'second' hd

You may have to add the table=/dev/hda as shown below.

Also be sure that the Win98 partition is set active. You can check/set
this with either Linux or Win98 fdisk. It should already be active
but...

boot=/dev/hda     (install Lilo in MBR)
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
timeout=100
vga=normal
image=/vmlinuz    (assumes this is where your kernel is)
  root=/dev/your_root_partition
  label=Linux
  read-only
other=/dev/hda1