Re: Debian + other distribution

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Ricardo Gabriel Herdt wrote:

>    I have a HD 10.2 with win95 at the begin (first 1500MB) and another Linux
> dist. on a partition of 3000MB. (The distribution is Conectiva Linux, similar to
> RedHat). I want to install Debian 2.2 on another partition without remove
> neither win nor my other dist. How should I proceed to do this?
(...)

>    And more, I have a /boot partition of 16MB to boot my Conectiva Linux.
> (said that because it can be an important information.)

Yes, that helps. You can mount this partition in both distros, just use
different names for the kernel images (though you should even be able to
use the same kernel image). You should know how to setup lilo properly (or
whichever boot loader you use).

Should contain something like

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-debian
	label=GNU debian
	root=/dev/hda2
	read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14
	label=old distro
	root=/dev/hda3
	read-only

but I'm not 100% sure.

bye,
  Raoul

--
The program required me to install Windows 95 or better. So I installed Linux.