Re: need help with installing potato(on line)

Forget about the sound card until you get your ne2000 working.

I had a similar problem with a wd80x3 card. Used a different rescue
floppy to solve it. At least for the latest pre-release boot floppies,
available from

http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/bf/

there are several versions. Try -ide or -idepci. My wild-assed guess is
that the kernel on the "standard" rescue disks probes something that
causes brain damage to the NIC. I discovered that after attempting an
install with that disk I had to power-cycle the box before Tom's could
see the controller again.

Luck,
Pann

--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\