Re: Problems with terminal

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 11:00:48PM +0000, Marcio Rosa da Silva wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having some problems with the terminal in some softwares. The problems
> are:
>
> * The backspace doesn't work in some programs like micq and pydb (python
> debugger). Others like pine and the xterm/rxvt/etc... works well. The
> problem is that the former prints ^H and I have to use DEL instead.

Don't know, maybe bugs?

> * I live in Brazil and I need accented characters. The accents work in all
> programs I tried but mutt. In mutt accents are replaced by a '?' char This
> happens in the viewer (pager). To write mails I use vi and the accents
> work well there too.

Is your LANG variable set? Usually this takes care of the pager issue.
The default pager is 'less', and it assumes the ASCII characterset
unless LANG or one of the LC_ variables tells it different. I believe
for portuguese you want to set LANG=pt_PT in your ~/.bashrc (or
/etc/profile or somewhere...).

--
#! /bin/sh
echo 'Linux Must Die!' | wall