Re: Configuring X for two possible screens

I would make 2 XF86Config files (eg. one called XF86Config-int and one
called XF86Config-ext) and create to scripts (eg. startx-internal and
startx-monitor), in those scripts, a file /etc/X11/XF86Config is removed,
a symlink is made to the needed config file, with the name
/etc/X11/XF86Config, after that startx 'll be executed.

Example for startx-monitor:

#!/bin/sh

rm -f /etc/X11/XF86Config # Remove old symlink
ln -s /etc/X11/XF86Config-ext /etc/X11/XF86Config # Create correct symlink
/usr/bin/X11/startx # startx

You can create another script similar like this for the internal monitor.

Ron Rademaker