Re: Passing an input file through mail.

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Corey Popelier wrote:

> Heres the deal - I dial into my ISP, and get allocated a random IP
> address, ie. I do not have a static IP, and cannot obtain one with my
> current ISP.
>
> What I would like to do, is on dialing in, pipe my ifconfig ppp0 to a
> file, and mail that to my work address as follows:

My impression is that all you need is to know what IP number you have
during a PPP session. Why don't you use Gnudip?
http://gnudip.cheapnet.net. You can  register for a username (which later
becomes your hostname) using the web form. You need gnudip package for
your client machine. Usage:
gdipc -c
(then enter username, password, domain: dyn.cheapnet.net, gnudip server:
gnudip.cheapnet.net)

When your ppp link is up, enter "gdipc"; if successful, you can ping
"pancreas.dyn.cheapnet.net" for your current IP number (if your username
is "pancreas").

Oki