Re: Downloading with fetchmail

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 03:45:31PM +0200, ulla.russell@pp.inet.fi wrote:

> I am trying to configure my Linux box to send and receive
> mail using:
>
> mutt
> fetchmail
> procmail and
> exim
>
> However, when I ran fetchmail I received the following message:
>
> 11 messages for russir-1 at mail.inet.fi (25486 octets).
> reading message 1 of 11 (3002 octets) .fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't
> like recipient address `irvine@localhost'
> fetchmail: can't even send to irvine!
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.inet.fi
> fetchmail: Query status=10

Your problem is exim not fetchmail. Can you send mail to yourself on
your local machine? You need to add localhost to your localdomains
in /etc/exim.conf

local_domains = localhost:<your hostname>

host_accept_relay = localhost

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |