Re: Why not dselect?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 11:15:37AM -0600, Brian McGroarty wrote:

> Why so much apt and dpkg and so little dselect?

    Personally, the fact that dselect sets packages to a new desired state
without my telling it to makes me want to stay away from it. Seems like a fine
tool otherwise.
    BTW, is there a way to keep it from doing this??

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX