Re: XFree 4.0.1 and xdm

>I=B4ve succesfully installed Woody and XFree 4.0.1-8 last weekend. Only
>xdm shows a strange behavior. It starts nearly one minute after the
>system has bootet. It=B4s possiblke to login to a console, and suddenly
>xdm awakes. Any ideas?
>
>Regards, Sven

I had/have the same problem. Probably not what you want to hear, but I simply
removed XDM from starting up by running "update-rc.d xdm remove". This will
remove xdm from all your startup scripts.

Now that I think of it, I should just purge the package since I don't really
want it. It must have been installed when I updated to XFree 4.0.1-x!

Scott