Getting new keys (was Re: signing gpg key with old key ...)

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Question for the gallery:  Is there a good method for checking a local
> keyring against a public keyserver to find updates and/or additional
> signatures.  The best I can do right now is list the key IDs I've got
> and do a 'gpg --recv-keys' to update this list.

From my ~/.gnupg/options:

# GnuPG can import a key from a HKP keyerver if one is missing
# for sercain operations. Is you set this option to a keyserver
# you will be asked in such a case whether GnuPG should try to
# import the key from that server (server do syncronize with each
# others and DNS Round-Robin may give you a random server each time).
# Use "host -l pgp.net | grep www" to figure out a keyserver.
keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net

That lets my system query a keyserver anytime a new key comes along, whether
it be a signed email or whatever.  This is how I've gotten all but a very few
of the keys used on this list, including yours if I remember correctly.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.