Re: How do 3D cards work under Linux (Debian)

>Hi all,
>
>I'm no rookie to Linux, but, I'm missing something on how
>3D really works in Linux. I've been able to get 3D working
>but don't really understand what's going on. When I say 3D,
>I'm speaking of 3D video-hardware acceleration under Linux!
>
>If someone could present me with a step-by-step
>tutorial/walkthrough of what's going on, I'd greatly
>appreciate it. I'd like to see it geared towards Debian
>(which debs to grab) and possibly my hardware (Celeron 300,
>3dfx voodoo banshee). Something in line with a textbook or
>HOW-TO is what I'd like to see the info in. Of course,
>since you're not being paid, any info will be appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>Scott

Geez, I hate to answer my own question...but, I've found a good summary that is
probably enough to get me started. It's at
http://www.debianplanet.org/debianplanet/. It's basically a summary of
installing XF4.01 based upon #debian IRC. Hopefully this will help someone else
as well.

Scott