Simple network card problem

Hey,

I can't get my DSL to work, possibly for many reasons, but I'm assuming the first is my network card.  I have a 3c509, and for some reason, on bootup the kernel detects it at irq 9 (that's my sound card's irq, which it also detects at 9).  The network card is really 10.  It tells me that in Windoze, and while my computer is booting up (before LILO starts).  I tried compiling the 3c509 module and insmod-ing it like this `insmod 3c509 irq=10`, but it still detects it at 9.  This has me stumped, so I'm hoping you can help.

thanks,
Cameron Matheson