Re: smtp error

	Subject: smtp error
	Date: Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 06:43:09PM -0700

Quoting cls-colo spgs(pplaw@pcisys.net):
> debs,
>
> one of my potatoes has a smtp error:
>
> $ fetchmail
> fetchmail: imap connection to mail.pcisys.net failed: connection refused
> 25 messages for <username> at mail.pcisys.net (86395 octets).
> reading message 1 of 25 (3349 octets)..fetchmail: smtp connect t localhost failed
> fetchmail:  smtp transaction error while fetching from mail.pcisys.net
>
> ...suggestions?

So I am not the only one!

After an upgrade on Nov 4 I had the same problem for a day.  Tried
everything.  Finally removed the following from /etc/hosts

# (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

#::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
#fe00::0 ip6-localnet
#ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
#ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
#ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
#ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

And fetchmail could again communicate with localhost.

Why?  I have no idea at this point.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
Never say "OOPS!" always say "Ah, Interesting!"