Re: cannot find the Kernelimage aft compiling

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 08:05:33PM +0100, robert_wilhelm_land wrote:
> Just rebuilt my first 2.2.17 kernel, unfortunatly I'm not able to
> find the kernelimage(!)

OK.  This is my second version of my reply email.  I had to get my
"brain goalie" back on the ice before I said something nasty. ;-)  My
best advice to you is to read more...  and more...  I'm not going to
send you away empty-handed, though.

Assuming that you've configured apt-get(8) correctly (See also
dpkg(8), sources.list(5), and apt.conf(5)), type the following at your
bash prompt (also assuming that you're logged in as root or running
sudo(8):

    bash# apt-get install kernel-package ldp-tlk

Other useful packages to install:

    bash# apt-get install tdlug lilo-doc debian-guide ldp-sag

Those should get you started out well enough.  Now, for finding a raw
compiled kernel without using the obvious 'make install', you should
find the x86 kernel at:

    ../linux/arch/i386/boot/[zImage|bzImage]

However, if you use make-kpkg to create your kernel package, you
should find the *.deb file in the parent directory to the linux
source.

Good Luck!

--
Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>