Re: lp module in Debian 2.2

I just recently installed Debian 2.2 and had the same problem as well.  When
I tried to load the lp module during the install it failed.  I tried
installing it without any pararmeters (because it said that would grab all
parallel ports) but that didn't seem to work.  I also tried adding the
example parameters just to see if I'd get lucky but nothing worked.  I just
figured I'd get it once I've recompiled my new kernel.  I haven't tried it
yet though, just haven't had the time.  btw, I'm printing to a remote printer
on another linux box, do I still need the lp module installed on the "client"
end to print to the remote?  Also, I previously had the lp module loaded on
this machine when I was using Debian 2.1 (kernel 2.0.36) and didn't have any
problems.  If I can help in any way in your research to find the answer let
me know, I'd love to help.

Jesse