installation problems

I am installing debian for the first time and I have reached istalling the
base system without a hitch.  it tells me when i install the base system
that the next thing to do is to install the base system.  This will repeat
at lest for 20 - 30 times (any more than that I thin k I would have gone
crazy).  What should I do. does this sound like a bad cd burn or is there
something I am missing, a hardware problem.  ???  Help.

chris.

"Give me ambiguity, or give me something"
  -anonymous