Re: SB live SMP drivers?

You seem to have the right idea with #1 below. Compiling the modules seems
to be a little tricky for some people, so I'll tell you how I handle it.

Install the alsa-source and other alsa debs. You'll have an
'alsa-driver.tar.gz' file in /usr/src that you'll have to extract yourself
(I believe it's done because upgrading the source in-place will likely
break it)

Now go into your kernel source tree (kernel-source-2.2.17?), run the
config (make menuconfig or make xconfig) and make sure you have sound
support marked as module, and none of the card-specific stuff selected.
Save your kernel config and then run:
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg modules-clean
make-kpkg [--revision=<revision#>] configure
make-kpkg modules
make-kpkg kernel-image

And the alsa drivers build will complain if you don't have pgp installed,
but I just ignore that.

No idea if the live will be happy, but I'm running an awe64 and a sb16 on
an SMP machine.

Hope this helps.