woody: ssh and rxvt

Last night I did apt-get upgrade to woody.

It works well so far, but I came across two small problems:

1/ Something seems to be wrong with rxvt.  Full screen programs (jed,
nano) suddenly don't understand keypad keys, and I can't use the
Compose key (which is correctly defined in my .Xmodmap).  This could
be a problem with rxvt itself, ncurses, or the rxvt terminfo entry.  I
worked around this by switching to aterm (I never used enough rxvt
features to know if this was an upgrade or downgrade :)

2/ When I ssh into my system from outside, I get the last login
notification line _twice_: a correct one as the very first line of
output, and a bogus one just before normal shell output (from .profile
and such).  Here's a sample:

Last login: Mon Sep 25 12:38:33 2000 from some.other.host on pts/0
Debian GNU/Linux woody (kernel 2.2.16).
You have mail.
Last login: Mon Sep 25 12:39:16 2000 from some.other.host
Tuesday September 26, 2000
 * 7:30pm to 10:30pm
   Cal Bridge Club at 123 Wheeler
Do you want to see the TODO list? n
kronstadt:~$

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source