Re: Procmail filtering / UNDELIVERABLE EMAIL

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 02:57:55AM -0500, will trillich wrote:

> hmm!
>
> what process do you use to invoke perl as a mail filter?
>
> or is it just a
> 	:0
> 	|/usr/bin/perl someScript
> thingy? (i presume that would compile the script once for
> each and every message, yes?)
>
> point me to the manpage, i will go.

    Just my $HOME/.forward file. I'm using sendmail as my MTA, so

[msoulier@lupus msoulier]$ cat .forward
| /home/msoulier/bin/mailfilter

    A pipe to the script invokes the filter.

    I do a lot of Perl development for work, and I find procmail recipes hard
to read. I know, if I can read Perl regexps, I can read procmail, but it's
just easier to do it in Perl. Fun too. ;-)

    I can include the entire script if you like. You'll need Mail::Internet
and Mail::Audit before you can use it, but you can grab those off the CPAN.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX