Bitchx and screen do NOT cooperate in 2.2

Hi,

I've got debian 2.2 installed on TWO computers with all security updates
applied. However, when I run bitchx under screen and try to create new
window (/window create) it ends up with:

-:- Opening new screen...
-:- The screen is now dead.
child signaled with 11
Errno is 4
-:- Cannot create new screen!

on both machines.
I've circumvented it already by creating windows different way, but the
error *seems* to be a bug (as it didn't happen in earlier versions of
bitchx and screen).
Could you check the command in your boxes?

Regards,

Gecco

PS. bitchx is Version (BitchX-1.0c16) -- Date (19990221). (dselect says-
1.0-0c16-2) and screen is 3.9.5-9.