Re: Some help with e-mail setup

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 02:35:44PM +1000, Kieren Diment wrote:

[snip]

> I need these to be configure these so that the from and reply to
> fields are :
> user_id_at_this_pop3_server@pop3_server's_domain_name.
>
> I would like a default so that I can simply have a properly working e-
> mail system independent of what mua is used, that is
> customisable for different users of this machine so that they can
> basically forge their own headers.

At the bottom of my /etc/exim.conf, in the Address Rewriting section:

*@carrera	patmahoney@gmx.net	Ffsr

My hostname is carrera.  Since I am the only user, I want everything
rewriten.  Ffsr tells it which headers to rewrite (From, sender, reply-to).
Install the exim docs package and read the info page.

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)