Re: Kernel build with kpkg (was Install of VMware)

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 06:57:48PM -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:

> I don't know. What I could suggest you to do is this:
>
> make-kpkg --revision... build
> fakeroot make -f debian/rules kernel-image-deb
> fakeroot make-kpkg modules_image
>
> The above sequence has never failed me. It builds the kernel without a
> fakeroot jail, and does the install-and-create-a-deb pass inside a single
> fakeroot jail.

Is there any advantage to building the kernel outside of fakeroot?

> I dislike compiling the modules under fakeroot (and the fakeroot docs do
> warn not to do this), but ALSA seems not to mind it. Anyway, I dislike the

I'm learning here...why do you dislike compiling modules under fakeroot?

Thanks for the help!

--
Tom Hoover N5NTM <tom@hisword.net> - http://www.hisword.net/tom
    - checkout HisWord(tm) Palmtop Bible at the above URL -